Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello Dear

You are reading this because you are the most special person in my life. People come and go every day, but you have stayed unwaveringly. This is the time when I am, perhaps most ready to reveal a side of myself which you might have not seen.

You may ask why. And I will dutifully answer you.

The reason is simple: I am committed to you and wish to share my future with you. I tell myself that there will only be one woman in this world whom I will ever show this blog to. And behold, she turns out to be ... you. I make no mistake about this.

We have probably been seeing one another for a while and even briefly spoken about marriage. I want to tell you that I am so excited that we have met. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You changed my life with your exemplary conduct, inspired me with your faithfulness and encouraged me to become a better man to the world we live in. I thank God for you.

Now, before we adjourn in our relationship any further, this is a glimpse of who I really am, years ago before we meet.

This post and the subsequently entries document my ups and downs, the everyday struggles and the occasional strange musings of life that I tell few about. Only through this, can you know me, in a sense, deeper. Just so you know that I am not a perfect man. I am proud that I love you enough to be honest and bare my heart out in the open. I place myself in complete vulnerability knowing that the worst, a situation which I last hope for, could happen. But I know that true love always protects. And my sovereign God is benevolent and has absolute control over all things.

After reading this blog, it is likely you will feel betrayed, sick and disgusted by the way I have lived my life. You may completely not want to ever talk to me, or see me again. Still, this is a risk I am clearly taking. It will either make or break us.

Is our love genuine? This yardstick may just reveal to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment